Technical Accomplishment Awards
- For recognition of a specific exemplary individual technical accomplishment requiring professional excellence and leadership of a high caliber in the fusion science and engineering area.
- So others will understand that the Fusion Energy Division of the American Nuclear Society encourages such technical accomplishment and recognizes its importance to fusion.
- Award to recognize technical accomplishment and professional excellence by a member of the American Nuclear Society.
- Emphasis is on individual accomplishment through a specific technical accomplishment. Therefore, the award is usually given to an individual; however, there could be a partnership.
- Emphasis is on a single technical contribution to fusion science and engineering however that contribution is made.
- Contribution to be measured as recognized by others in the field.
- Nominations can be made by anyone at anytime to the Honors and Awards Committee Chair of the Fusion Energy Division of the American Nuclear Society.
- In a biennial basis and in conjunction with the announcements of Fusion Energy Division Topical Meeting on Fusion Energy (TOFE), a call will be made for candidates. The FED Honors and Awards Committee will evaluate the information, gather additional information if necessary, and may actively search for additional nominations.
- A decision is made whether an award will be given to any nominees in a specific year.
- The recommended accomplishment is presented to Fusion Energy Division Executive Committee for approval and to the ANS Honors and Awards Committee for concurrence.
- An object of ornamental or useful type with intrinsic value.
- A certificate designating the presentation of the award.
- Presented at Topical Meeting of Fusion Energy or any American Nuclear Society Annual Meeting.